When we purchased our SeaBee project, we also inherited a significant amount of documentation. Some of it was original paperwork/newsletters/bulletins to SeaBee airplanes, some of it was copies of originals, some of it I really don’t know. I plan on scanning it all and making it all available to the public to read and download. […]

Share:Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Reddit
Read More →

If I am not able to spend some dedicated time each night to the project, I still try and root around the spare parts and conex box storage going through and organizing things. Tonight I came across this, and haven’t found out what it is. Let’s play a game of “What is it?”   4 […]

Share:Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Reddit
Read More →

So, with the entire hull skins off the airplane, assessing, cleaning, replacing and upgrading parts and pieces is the order of business before any reassembly takes place. Specifically, with the aft hull completely removed this yields full access and easy accessibility to the tailwheel mechanism. With all the parts and pieces that we inherited, I […]

Share:Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Reddit
Read More →

Hey everybody. In the short amount of time the site has been “alive”, we have received a lot of inquiries, comments, and visits! This is really cool and exciting that others are interested enough to click on over. With all the cool response, I think we will definitely keep going with the progress updates. We […]

Share:Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Reddit
Read More →

Cleanup is well under way. Acetone, paint thinner, scotch bright pads, and elbow grease were my main tools this last week. Oh, yeah, and more disassembly. After the hull skins were removed from our entire Seabee, I inspected and found the water rudder post to be severely corroded. After a few nights of PB blaster, […]

Share:Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Reddit
Read More →

Hull removal is underway. The plane is jacked up, great access all around and let the drilling begin….unless…. Our neighbor Joe (A&P helping with our build) shed some light on a good “trick”. Instead of having to drill out each rivet, he said that if the aluminum surface that the tail of the rivets are […]

Share:Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Reddit
Read More →

First things first, our Seabee N6311K is in pretty good shape. It has very little to nearly zero corrosion, completely stripped of paint, and ready to be restored. That said, the work it does need could be approached a few different ways. Patched together and flown, repaired with the pieces that originally came off, or […]

Share:Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Reddit
Read More →

After amassing the Seabee project in one place, we didn’t do much with it. We went through the boxes, made a few lists, but for the most part, we started reading – the internet was our friend. And most importantly, we talked to our acquaintances, fellow pilots, other knowledgeable A&P’s, people that did this for […]

Share:Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Reddit
Read More →